Skip to main content

some guidelines to follow

What’s left for me to determine now is this: is it possible for someone to truly be dual spirited and live this way for the rest of their lives? This is a question I have not answered adequately and until I do I will not be truly comfortable with my current lifestyle.

I feel I am struggling instead of just living one day at a time and discovering myself as I go. This is unfortunately part of my nature. I seem to need certainty and control, but there is none of that here instead a lot of greys.

It’s interesting to note that after a particularly wonderful day like yesterday, when I was able to spend the day fully en femme, I still come down to earth with a small thud. Yes I am giving myself a break and trying not to be too self punishing but the elements of small guilt are still there. That’s not going to be workable if I feel bad about being who I am. Therefore there is still work to be done.

I mean its simple right? My GID is going nowhere and there is (to my knowledge) no known cure. So I need to manage it and the only way I know how is to cross dress. Without this escape valve I would be far more tempted to transition. The pressure would just build and build.

So I am in a period of discovery and am on an ocean with no known port of call to aim for. I have only a set of guidelines I am following (not in order of importance):

• My GID is not curable
• I need to less tough on myself and be more forgiving
• I need to let go and let God work in my life
• I need to have my kids welfare be my main focus
• I need to find balance my male and female sides
• I need to fully give up on the idea of a relationship

I am having the most difficulty with the second and the last one.

The second one will take a bit of time and I will eventually succeed with it.

The relationship instinct is like a reflex because its human nature to love and be loved. My situation, however, is just not workable because it runs counter current to the expectations of the opposite sex. I would be spending a lot of time compromising and justifying my natural instincts and activity to someone who would be incapable of understanding. Even someone as sympathetic as my ex girlfriend could not live with a person like me as I fell short of her expectations for a normal male partner.

I will eventually let this last one sink in as well.

Comments

  1. Joanna -

    --My GID is not curable--

    Why cure it? If anything, society has more of a problem with gender than we have....

    --I need to less tough on myself and be more forgiving--

    Judge yourself by the same standards which you judge others, and how you'd want to be judged given their circumstances. If you follow this idea, you'll cut others slack when they need it - and begin to cut yourself slack when you need it.

    --I need to let go and let God work in my life--

    I'm not religious. But letting go, and having faith that things will work out is a good thing.

    --I need to have my kids welfare be my main focus--

    Within limits.... Parents should always put their kids first. But if you neglect your needs, you'll self destruct - and that will harm your kids.

    --I need to find balance my male and female sides--

    Don't we all? On your days off from work, ask yourself - do you want to be a male or female for the day? Pay attention to the feelings you have. Listen to what your gut is telling you.

    --I need to fully give up on the idea of a relationship--

    No.... Do not give up. Instead, use the personal ads to find love. Consider putting your female picture out there, and say in the ad that you have GID - then see what happens. I'll bet that you will get some bites.

    --I am having the most difficulty with the second and the last one. --

    Understood. But it's normal....

    --The second one will take a bit of time and I will eventually succeed with it.--

    Good. But what about a relationship?

    --The relationship instinct is like a reflex because its human nature to love and be loved. My situation, however, is just not workable because it runs counter current to the expectations of the opposite sex.--

    Not all.... I've met women who are intrigued. Mind you, they are in the minority, but they do exist.

    --I would be spending a lot of time compromising and justifying my natural instincts and activity to someone who would be incapable of understanding.--

    Then advertise for someone who would understand.

    --Even someone as sympathetic as my ex girlfriend could not live with a person like me as I fell short of her expectations for a normal male partner.--

    What did she expect? What did she tell you? If you place the right personal ad, you can address those concerns before any women even answer your ad - and they will not be surprized by your GID when they meet you.

    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marian thank you so much for your very positive and encouraging post! I actually truly and honestly do not want to search. I would rather stay open maybe and who knows possibly run into a beautiful soul who can look past my GID. I used to search and it works against me. Desperation and neediness just gets you into trouble anyway. I will be happy on my own and my sense of connectedness to my own being may attract the right intelligent woman.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

prejudice disguised as objective rectitude

So here is Professor Jordan Peterson perhaps justly calling out the excesses of political correctness gone mad. But then he extends it to not indulging transgender people the basic dignity of being addressed in their preferred pronoun. To do so for him would cost nothing and to stand on literal principle seems to serve little use other than to send a message of disdain.

If you have transitioned or even live as the opposite gender is costs me nothing to address you in your preferred pronouns. What difference does it make to me and what am I trying to tell you when I don't?

Peterson wants to stand on his rights to call reality what it is except that in this case the exact objective escapes me. But of course the right wing Federalist is in love with him because he calls a spade a spade.

If I see a rock I can call it that but then the rock doesn’t have any feelings. To address a transgender woman "her" and "she" is not undermining my rights as a person in any way b…

"Oh please its 2016!"

I have mentioned before that I have a lovely young couple living above the unit next to mine. Well the other day as I was getting in the door, she and I overlapped for the first time with me dressed as a woman.

We had a nice conversation and at some point I mentioned the obvious which was that I had told her future husband that they might see me in a different guise from time to time so they wouldn't wonder about who the strange woman was. She just looked at me almost rolling her eyes while smiling from ear to ear and said:

"Oh Please it's 2016!"

For the record she was also very complementary regarding my choice of attire.

I could care less at this point in my life what people think but it is still lovely to see the millennial generation's freedom of spirit and acceptance so lacking in previous generations. Yes they have their own foibles, as does every generation, but this area certainly isn't one of them.

the pseudoscience behind gender dysphoria

The real science as to what causes gender dysphoria still awaits.

Harry Benjamin was on to something except he didn’t have the scientific evidence to back up his suspicions hence, like a true scientist, he negated to draw conclusions. His hunch, based on treating so many patients over his lifetime, was that one is born with a predisposition to be gender dysphoric.

However, with inconclusive brain scans and no DNA marker (as of yet) we are left with believing the word of people who need help and only want to lead happy and productive lives.

The best we have been able to muster since Benjamin's death in 1986 was to amass statistics on who gets a boner imagining themselves as a woman which is in equal parts pathetic and disappointing. For this is not really science at all but is instead playing with interview data that doesn't point to anything definitive or conclusive. I have dealt with this problem at great length in my blog.

The whole thing started with Kurt Freund's obses…