Skip to main content

I was a teenage mall walker

During my bi yearly crossdressing periods, I had a massive urge to go out dressed but needed somewhere to go. The logical place became the mall but only if it was sufficiently sparse so not to send me into a sheer panic.

Back then I would dress in my little second hand Toyota and wait until the coast was clear before proceeding to the least frequented door of the shopping center. Once I was in it was all about looking inconspicuous as I walked down the ailes never looking anyone in the eye.

The sheer terror and the seriousness of it all brings a smile to my face today, but back then it was not a laughing matter.

My aim was always the same: enjoy that calming wonderful experience as a normal woman going about her daily business.

Back then I was slimmer and prettier but my complete lack of confidence, passable voice and poor female posture and walk gave me away. I remember one instance going into Sears to buy some pantyhose. I couldn't have been older than 20 and I was doing fine with the saleslady until she saw my large hairy and uncreamed hands. Once the jig was up she gave me an indignant upward sniff with her nose and held out the package to me as if it were a soiled diaper. Completely crushed, I took my purchase and skulked back to my vehicle.

I could have drawn energy from having passed as long as I did and just resolve to shave my hands and forearms and apply hand cream but instead I threw everything out in disgust promising myself never to do it again.

I played this charade until my early forties and earnestly believed that I could continue my bi yearly indulgence indefinitely.

My how we learn.

I could have enjoyed those years much better and simply have drawn energy from these outings but I was deep into denial and suffering from lack of self knowledge. The internet had not yet been invented by Al Gore (grin) and all I knew about crossdressing I learned from encyclopedia Britannica or seedy looking books at the library.

I look back on those days with more fondness than they perhaps deserve in large part due to the myopia that rose coloured glasses afford us when we glance into our past.

Yes I was a teenage mall walker and everytime my confident self steps into a mall in my high heels, I remember what effort it took to get here. I guess sometimes we need to get burned again and again to finally learn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Oh please its 2016!"

I have mentioned before that I have a lovely young couple living above the unit next to mine. Well the other day as I was getting in the door, she and I overlapped for the first time with me dressed as a woman.

We had a nice conversation and at some point I mentioned the obvious which was that I had told her future husband that they might see me in a different guise from time to time so they wouldn't wonder about who the strange woman was. She just looked at me almost rolling her eyes while smiling from ear to ear and said:

"Oh Please it's 2016!"

For the record she was also very complementary regarding my choice of attire.

I could care less at this point in my life what people think but it is still lovely to see the millennial generation's freedom of spirit and acceptance so lacking in previous generations. Yes they have their own foibles, as does every generation, but this area certainly isn't one of them.

the pseudoscience behind gender dysphoria

The real science as to what causes gender dysphoria still awaits.

Harry Benjamin was on to something except he didn’t have the scientific evidence to back up his suspicions hence, like a true scientist, he negated to draw conclusions. His hunch, based on treating so many patients over his lifetime, was that one is born with a predisposition to be gender dysphoric.

However, with inconclusive brain scans and no DNA marker (as of yet) we are left with believing the word of people who need help and only want to lead happy and productive lives.

The best we have been able to muster since Benjamin's death in 1986 was to amass statistics on who gets a boner imagining themselves as a woman which is in equal parts pathetic and disappointing. For this is not really science at all but is instead playing with interview data that doesn't point to anything definitive or conclusive. I have dealt with this problem at great length in my blog.

The whole thing started with Kurt Freund's obses…

looking past cross gender arousal

Jack’s latest Crossdreamers post got me thinking about cross gender arousal and how it could be avoided; also whether it even matters. This with particular focus on the inability to relate of someone on the outside looking in.

You see, sexuality is a very complicated thing to begin with and when you then add gender identity ambiguity it becomes a recipe to really confuse someone.

So imagine that you are a little boy who identifies as a girl but then along comes puberty and short circuits everything by having the sex you identify with also be the sex you are attracted to. For in essence this is what happens to all all male to female gender dysphoric trans persons who are attracted to women.

So I ask myself: can I imagine a scenario where this inherent contradiction would not produce sexual confusion? The answer is that I cannot.

I am in the unique position, like many of you, to have experienced an early identification with the feminine become sexualized later on. This brought confusion…