Skip to main content

class warfare

Perhaps I haven’t been clear enough for some but I don’t mind repeating it: this blog deals with my own experience with gender disphoria and how to best treat it.

It does not specifically target gender politics because I will say that my attitude is generally live and live and let live. But when I see that things make no sense I will comment on them of course.

If you are a man who dresses as a woman or a woman who dresses as a man then you have every right to do so. You may even have a particular situation at your workplace where this is permissible and perhaps even encouraged; I say more power to you.

I also don’t believe for one minute that allowing transgender people some measure of dignity, leads to societal chaos or anarchy. They deserve to not be killed, molested, raped, beaten in the streets or have any harm done to them whatsoever.

For example, so long as they respect the law and behave in an appropriate manner they deserve to use the restroom that reflects their gender presentation. A MtF transsexual who has received HRT treatments but has had no bottom surgery should be able to use a stall in the woman’s restroom rather than risk physical injury by using the men’s. Conversely they should maybe think twice about using the women’s shower at their local gym. This is basic common sense.

We have entered a period in our human development where the tenets of gender are being openly questioned and challenged. What does it mean to be male or female and how do those people who don’t feel a perfect allegiance to either fit into the picture?

As I have mentioned before, some cultures have a place for these types of people and they are even honoured in them. Our society with its more traditional Judeo Christian values has tended to frown upon any divergence from the norm and to do so is even sinful. I know this is how I grew up and I believed strongly that homosexuals, transsexuals, transvestites, etc were sinful people. Since I belonged in that group therefore, I must be sinful as well is what I believed.

But the gender politics born out of the earnest attempts to gain recognition for transgender people do not originate in the serious research; they were started by the human beings who were themselves being diagnosed.

If you read Harry Benjamin’s book (or any other scientific work on the subject) nowhere will you find a pronouncement as to who is a woman or who is not; who has a valid claim for transition or who does not. He dealt strictly with observed behaviour and then a process of categorisation reflecting the severity of a condition.

Once you put people into categories, however, that’s where the fun begins.

The type V and VI looked down on the type IV and of course everyone looked down on the poor crossdressers.

This is human nature. The well educated look down on the less educated; the rich look down on the less rich and so on.

I must state categorically however that I myself already have all the rights I need since I am using a technique to manage my disphoria that is not illegal (at least not yet).

But what about those people who decide to take hormones but no bottom surgery? What about those people who want no hormone treatments but just desire to dress and behave as the gender they feel most comfortable presenting as?

I don’t have a problem with letting these people be. It’s actually very simple and actually very Christian on our part to just let them be. They form part of the fabric of society and have done so since humans have been populating this planet.

Since I have come to terms with my own disphoria, I have found a new internal peace that has allowed me to love myself and others more.

Once you get to that place you realize that you have nothing to fear.

Comments

  1. I agree with mostly everything you have said in this post up to and including this following quote. "But the gender politics born out of the earnest attempts to gain recognition for transgender people do not originate in the serious research; they were started by the human beings who were themselves being diagnosed."

    However, from that point on you begin to fall into the very ethnocentric fallacy that you yourself have noted. Not all "type V and VI looked down on the type IV and of course everyone looked down on the poor crossdressers." This is a gross over-generalization based I believe on your own feelings of shame, guilt and self-victimization, so common within the TG culture.

    I also agree with your notion of "live and let live". However, here is where your TG culture has astray. While you are content to live with the norms and custom of our current societal norms, the leadership of the TG movement, and consequently most of their supporters and acolytes, do not subscribe to that most reasonable of philosophies. They insist on pushing those cultural and should consequently expect some push-back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I dont feel guilt nor do I feel like a victim. In fact far from it. I have no reason to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whose TG culture are you refering to mine? I belong to the Spanis/Canadian culture last time I checked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right. Which is why we manage to engage in semi-intelligent conversation, at least some of the time. As for your guilt and shame, I am glad that you are finally moving beyond that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joanna,

    Great blog today. I couldn't agree more. I wouldn't change a thing.

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  6. "What about those people who want no hormone treatments but just desire to dress and behave as the gender they feel most comfortable presenting as?"

    Read: People who cross dress. IE: transvestites

    I don’t have a problem with letting these people be. It’s actually very simple and actually very Christian on our part to just let them be. " ~Jo

    Of course you have no problem with "these people", because you are talking about yourself.



    ReplyDelete
  7. AQV you got a new identity?? did you figure this out all by yourself?? ha ha ha....

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are truly a classless coward. As you sow, so shall reap.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Oh please its 2016!"

I have mentioned before that I have a lovely young couple living above the unit next to mine. Well the other day as I was getting in the door, she and I overlapped for the first time with me dressed as a woman.

We had a nice conversation and at some point I mentioned the obvious which was that I had told her future husband that they might see me in a different guise from time to time so they wouldn't wonder about who the strange woman was. She just looked at me almost rolling her eyes while smiling from ear to ear and said:

"Oh Please it's 2016!"

For the record she was also very complementary regarding my choice of attire.

I could care less at this point in my life what people think but it is still lovely to see the millennial generation's freedom of spirit and acceptance so lacking in previous generations. Yes they have their own foibles, as does every generation, but this area certainly isn't one of them.

the pseudoscience behind gender dysphoria

The real science as to what causes gender dysphoria still awaits.

Harry Benjamin was on to something except he didn’t have the scientific evidence to back up his suspicions hence, like a true scientist, he negated to draw conclusions. His hunch, based on treating so many patients over his lifetime, was that one is born with a predisposition to be gender dysphoric.

However, with inconclusive brain scans and no DNA marker (as of yet) we are left with believing the word of people who need help and only want to lead happy and productive lives.

The best we have been able to muster since Benjamin's death in 1986 was to amass statistics on who gets a boner imagining themselves as a woman which is in equal parts pathetic and disappointing. For this is not really science at all but is instead playing with interview data that doesn't point to anything definitive or conclusive. I have dealt with this problem at great length in my blog.

The whole thing started with Kurt Freund's obses…

looking past cross gender arousal

Jack’s latest Crossdreamers post got me thinking about cross gender arousal and how it could be avoided; also whether it even matters. This with particular focus on the inability to relate of someone on the outside looking in.

You see, sexuality is a very complicated thing to begin with and when you then add gender identity ambiguity it becomes a recipe to really confuse someone.

So imagine that you are a little boy who identifies as a girl but then along comes puberty and short circuits everything by having the sex you identify with also be the sex you are attracted to. For in essence this is what happens to all all male to female gender dysphoric trans persons who are attracted to women.

So I ask myself: can I imagine a scenario where this inherent contradiction would not produce sexual confusion? The answer is that I cannot.

I am in the unique position, like many of you, to have experienced an early identification with the feminine become sexualized later on. This brought confusion…