Skip to main content

If you feel stuck in the middle....

I feel pretty good for 51 years of age.

Sure there are small aches and pains here and there and I have some stubborn Achilles tendon issues on my right leg but things could be a lot worse.

I have allowed my brain (somehow intersexed at birth) to flourish as both male and female personas. Yes I am very much enjoying my time out as Joanna but I am also enjoying my time as a male and being a partner to my beloved N.

My secret to being happy has been in allowing myself the dignity to be a real woman (at least in my mind) and when I am out as Joanna I have rid myself of all doubt that I am female thereby removing any angst,apprehension or guilt about what I am doing.

If you, like me, also fall into a Benjamin type 3 or 4, there is no simple solution for you as full transition will be a mistake but then you will never be normal either; at least not "general society" normal.

So in following up on my last post, I think that the mind of the type 3 or 4 gender dysphoric needs to go through a complete mental transformation; one which rejects the typical two gender model which we were taught to adhere to. Once you accept that your sense of internal gender is not like that of most, you will be able to find a new set of gender expression guidelines that best apply to you.

It’s like fashioning a new type of compass that only applies to you.

Yesterday I went to Easter service and afterwards h