Skip to main content

Fixing society

There seems to be more than enough hate to go around.

Another transgender woman named Ashley Hallstrom walked into traffic because she despaired about how she was being treated by society. The unfortunate truth is that there is plenty of reason to despair. She grew up in Utah so you can imagine that it was not an easy childhood.

Quite a number of posts ago, I featured the toxic website called GenderTrender written by an extremely irritated (and equally irritating) militant feminist who seems to post incessantly on the transgender scourge overtaking women’s rights. It’s a hodgepodge that mixes bizarre commentary on trans kids with (you guessed it) adulation for the work of Blanchard and Bailey from which the site mostly bottom feeds. While the 99% of the male population commits all of the heinous acts against women, this blogger chooses to pick on the 1% who thinks they were born on the wrong team. Either this person is dim or I missed a memo.

Hatred trumps logic every time.

I have also featured the right wing religious zealots here and how they demean people who are just trying to live their lives with an imperfect situation handed to them.

What do both the aforementioned have in common? Neither has the slightest clue of what it’s like to experience gender dysphoria first hand. Yet they feel they have the authority to weigh in.

Perhaps my debunking work does have some use after all.

But I’ve lived long enough to know this basic truth: people who attack others are often hiding great personal pain and frustration.

That fact doesn’t help the level of despondence expressed at the end of the suicide note that Ashley left before she walked into daytime traffic:

“……I’m writing all of this because I’ve need my story to be shared. I don’t want to be just another number of a tragic statistic. People need to know that I’m not just another face of someone they never met. I was alive. I have a family and friends that I love very much and I’m so sorry to them for the hurt this will cause them. I loved being around those that I love. I loved listening to music and singing. I loved going out to eat with friends and enjoying good food. I was a real person. I still want to help people and I believe I still can. Please share my final words. I believe my last words can help make the change that society needs to make so that one day there will be no others like me. Please help make this change because trans people are everywhere. You may never know who you’re hurting until it’s too late. Please help fix society.”

Fixing society is not really going to happen easily so we just need to say screw you and keep on going. After all we won't run out of the malevolent or the stupid anytime soon.

Ashley Hallstrom was 26 years old.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

looking past cross gender arousal

Jack’s latest Crossdreamers post got me thinking about cross gender arousal and how it could be avoided; also whether it even matters. This with particular focus on the inability to relate of someone on the outside looking in.

You see, sexuality is a very complicated thing to begin with and when you then add gender identity ambiguity it becomes a recipe to really confuse someone.

So imagine that you are a little boy who identifies as a girl but then along comes puberty and short circuits everything by having the sex you identify with also be the sex you are attracted to. For in essence this is what happens to all all male to female gender dysphoric trans persons who are attracted to women.

So I ask myself: can I imagine a scenario where this inherent contradiction would not produce sexual confusion? The answer is that I cannot.

I am in the unique position, like many of you, to have experienced an early identification with the feminine become sexualized later on. This brought confusion…

understanding the erotic component

I have written about crossed wires before in two separate posts. The idea is that one cannot pass through puberty and the development of sexual feelings for females and not have your pre-existing gender dysphoria be impacted through your psychosexual development. The hormone responsible for your libido is testosterone which is present in much stronger concentration in males and is why gynephilics are most likely to experience erotic overtones as the conflict between romantic external feelings and their pull towards the feminine become permanently intertwined.

Because I came from a deeply religious family where sex was not discussed much at all, I grew up with little access to information and was very much ignorant of matters relating to the subject. With no firsthand experience in intercourse until I married I was then faced with the reality that my ability to perform sexually had been deeply impacted by my dysphoric feelings. This began years of turmoil and self-deprecating thoughts …

a blending

An interesting thing is happening to me: as I have fully embraced being transgender my male and female anima are becoming blended. The female side is no longer an unwelcome appendage which, as a result, has allowed me to craft a more genuine and happier male image.

I dress when I want to and sometimes I cut outings shorter than before. I am my own master in this regard and feel in control.

Don't get me wrong in that the dysphoria is not going away and is sometimes like a wild stallion that threatens to jump the fence but I have learnt to understand it’s demands after all these years hence a transition for me is definitely not in the cards. At this point I am not even foreseeing a social one.

The two sides are no longer in conflict and they are now intertwined to create a fusion that is unique to me. That answer finally came when I reached a full level of self assurance about who I am and learned to embrace that I am trans and yes, that includes my dysphoria's erotic undertones…