Skip to main content

clearing up confusion

Lest there be any confusion, this blog wholeheartedly supports all transgender people; whether they transition or not. My position on this is very clear and has been for a long time. Only you can know what is right for you.

What I have tried to do is to cut through the misinformation and the myths that have been developed over the decades (some very much deliberate) in order to make transgender people feel ashamed about who they are. This has come in the form of pseudoscience and even from the personal narratives of some transgender people who have set up a type of hierarchy to make themselves feel better about what they have done.

Currently there is no definitive science that would explain why we feel the way we do. Therefore whatever narrative you have written for yourself is your own. However I am more than convinced that transgender people are not suffering from any delusions; far from it.

There is a reason why we are this way but the official explanations need to catch up.

What I know in my bones but can’t prove is that there is a biological predisposition present. Something happens at the time of conception or at some point afterwards that makes us the way we are. After that, socialization and circumstances push us in a certain direction. By puberty we add sexual orientation into the mix which also acts as a factor.

Being transgender is not the result of sexual deviance or some sort of fetish because we know we are this way very early on in our development. By the age of 5 or 6 most of us know there is something different about us and how we deal with it depends on a great many factors; not the least of which is the family environment we are brought up in and the severity of the dysphoria we experience.

Most of our problems have stemmed from how we are viewed and accepted by others. If we did not have barriers within our own societies there would be no issue but this world has been hesitant to accept this difference of ours.

There have been undeniable advances made and I am sometimes bewildered to see how the world has changed since the time I was a teen trying to grapple with this difference.

Comments

  1. Good post Joanna.

    My story is different from your story which is different from his story and her story. We are all unique.

    I think many of us have long sought to find some logical of scientifically provable explanation for our proclivities.

    I have long since come to peace with myself and simply accept myself for being the way I am and I find that through that acceptance of myself I find it easy to accept all others regardless of their manifestations or inclinations, as long as they do not demean or do things to harm others.

    I want to thank you, however, for continuing to do a lot of the heavy lifting in research and analysis. You have a tenacity that I find admirable and you do afford your readers the opportunity to digest your hard work and to opine in agreement or disagreement or to simply ponder the points you raise.

    Let me use this comment to wish you a Merry Christmas and a season filled with peace and contentment.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and the very same to you and your family Pat!

      Delete
  2. Great post Joanna. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

looking past cross gender arousal

Jack’s latest Crossdreamers post got me thinking about cross gender arousal and how it could be avoided; also whether it even matters. This with particular focus on the inability to relate of someone on the outside looking in.

You see, sexuality is a very complicated thing to begin with and when you then add gender identity ambiguity it becomes a recipe to really confuse someone.

So imagine that you are a little boy who identifies as a girl but then along comes puberty and short circuits everything by having the sex you identify with also be the sex you are attracted to. For in essence this is what happens to all all male to female gender dysphoric trans persons who are attracted to women.

So I ask myself: can I imagine a scenario where this inherent contradiction would not produce sexual confusion? The answer is that I cannot.

I am in the unique position, like many of you, to have experienced an early identification with the feminine become sexualized later on. This brought confusion…

understanding the erotic component

I have written about crossed wires before in two separate posts. The idea is that one cannot pass through puberty and the development of sexual feelings for females and not have your pre-existing gender dysphoria be impacted through your psychosexual development. The hormone responsible for your libido is testosterone which is present in much stronger concentration in males and is why gynephilics are most likely to experience erotic overtones as the conflict between romantic external feelings and their pull towards the feminine become permanently intertwined.

Because I came from a deeply religious family where sex was not discussed much at all, I grew up with little access to information and was very much ignorant of matters relating to the subject. With no firsthand experience in intercourse until I married I was then faced with the reality that my ability to perform sexually had been deeply impacted by my dysphoric feelings. This began years of turmoil and self-deprecating thoughts …

a blending

An interesting thing is happening to me: as I have fully embraced being transgender my male and female anima are becoming blended. The female side is no longer an unwelcome appendage which, as a result, has allowed me to craft a more genuine and happier male image.

I dress when I want to and sometimes I cut outings shorter than before. I am my own master in this regard and feel in control.

Don't get me wrong in that the dysphoria is not going away and is sometimes like a wild stallion that threatens to jump the fence but I have learnt to understand it’s demands after all these years hence a transition for me is definitely not in the cards. At this point I am not even foreseeing a social one.

The two sides are no longer in conflict and they are now intertwined to create a fusion that is unique to me. That answer finally came when I reached a full level of self assurance about who I am and learned to embrace that I am trans and yes, that includes my dysphoria's erotic undertones…