Saturday, 16 April 2016

a mirror to the soul

They say the face is a mirror to the soul.

I wasn't really happy for many years and it showed in both modes. When I did venture out I was nervous, hesitant and paranoid. I was sure that all eyes were on me and everyone knew that I was a crossdressed male.

Today I smile and speak to people. Yesterday I was in a store I sometimes frequent and the young saleswoman who served me thought that I only spoke English but no French. When she discovered that wasn't the case her eyes brightened and she told me that she had wanted to serve me before but thought I was unilinguial. This by virtue of hearing me speak to her colleague who I more often dealt with.

She told me that she thought I must be a nice person because I seemed so happy by the way I interacted. We spent a few minutes chatting as the store was momentarily devoid of other customers. Turns out she is a lovely human being with a young son and husband. She resolved to be the first one to serve me next time as we hit it off so well.

The exchange only confirmed even more how important being comfortable in your own skin is. If it truly is the case your face will reflect it.



3 comments:

  1. So true. Be confident and happy to be you. That is what they will see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan and Halle. You are both there I know

    ReplyDelete