Wednesday, 11 May 2016

living for me

I am really coming into my own with my life. While not everything is perfect, my living a dual identity has helped solve the dilemma of accommodating my need to express a transgender nature which was kept in check for far too long.

Living on my own has made that easier of course and now that my two are fast approaching the age of autonomy it makes it that I can finally live for me.

When your kids are young you sacrifice much for them and you do so happily. Now I am glad to see the sacrifice pay dividends as both are doing well in school. My son’s anxiety is something that he will hopefully learn to manage and trust it won’t hamper his ability to function as an adult.

Living as both man and woman has its challenges but I am drawing inspiration from some drag queens that seem to do it so well. Just be yourself and express who you are both inside and out. They may have a different motivation for their expression but the end result is the same in that they are out and proud.

When I am out I don’t tell people I am not a cisgender woman but I won’t deny my transgender status if asked (which almost never happens). The trick is really not to care what people think in which case passing becomes a secondary priority.

After spending so many years trying to do things for others it might just be time to start living for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment