Wednesday, 18 May 2016

the young and the knowledgeable

Here is a young and bright transgender woman explaining the 5 things she says she was wrong about before deciding to transition. The power of internet and the dissemination of information helped make up her mind. This video was made early in her transition and she is much further along in her journey today.

She even offers a concise dismissal of Blanchard's Autogynephilia theory in her testament because she doesn't recognize herself that in a piece of pseudoscience.

These 5 questions are the same ones I asked myself and desperately needed to answer. Except that she resolved them much earlier in her life than I did.



4 comments:

  1. Excellent video, Joanna. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very useful, Joanna. Thanks. I wish I'd had so much insight when I was her age - but then the times were very different.

    ReplyDelete