Thursday, 23 June 2016

floating

At 53 years of age it’s not too late to start over with someone else and yet that pull seems to subside with age. By now I know what things work and which don't and my eyes are far more open to the realities of life than when I was 20.

We tend to see more clearly what we want and what is right for us and our tendency to want what others have is very much lessened.

Some who are in relationships want out and those outside of them want in; perhaps a gross generalization but you get the idea. I have now spent almost twenty years with two people and it’s perhaps time for a long break to focus on myself. There is no perfect situation in this life but as long as I have my mental and physical health whatever comes my way will be part of its unexpectedness. I have no appetite to search for anything or anyone anymore.

I was thinking recently that if you had told me 10 years ago where I would be today I would have thought you were completely insane but then such are the twists and turns of this life where nothing seems to be predicable.

It might just be time to float like a leaf on a river and see where the current takes me and do so happily.


2 comments:

  1. That's such a beautiful photo. To me, floating on the river is a metaphor for mindfully staying in the moment. Instead of overthinking and stressing about the future, take it a day at a time and trust that you have what it takes to be satisfied and that by appreciating each moment you'll be happy in that moment and the next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do exactly that Emma thank you!

      Delete