Friday, 24 June 2016

how this blog has changed over time

Back in 2012 this blog started with a very personal tone. I was going through a crisis of identity and needed a vehicle to express my frustration. My making that journey public was to try and get and give feedback to others who also might be going through it.

Over time the emphasis and tone changed and it became more technical because I wanted to get into the topic and examine every crevice in order to understand myself.

I haven’t found all of the answers because we don’t possess them all but the journey has helped me immeasurably. Along the way I have found kindred spirits who have shared their struggles with gender dysphoria and how they have dealt with it in their lives.

I was given many talents and one big hurdle to overcome. Others have theirs and no one is immune from the hardships that sometimes come our way. That struggle has shaped who I am as a person, made me stronger and honed my curiosity about things more than if my life had been simpler. Of course I had a hand in making things more complicated because I refused to accept myself and if any of you still harbor this resistance I strongly urge that allow yourself the dignity to be yourself.

This blog is now about finding a balance between positive stories and videos to inspire us, sharing some of my own personal reflections and of course keeping up the technical aspects because this subject so fascinates me and we know so little still. It is also full of people trying to propagate their own myths.

I know I am mostly writing for people close to my generation because the young won't have to face the same prejudice and resistance that we did. For that I am very thankful because the world that they will grow up in will be that much more welcoming than ours was.

Having said all that, I hope you stick around for the ride.


6 comments:

  1. We tend to ride on the same side of the street so I will gladly come along for the ride

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanna,

    I deeply appreciate your daily writings and look forward to seeing what you have to say. Often, I am provided with something to consider that day and look forward to adding my thoughts to yours. Thank you for so much, your openness, clarity, and sincerity.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visit your blog everyday. I have learned so much since I found it. We still have a long way to go. Thank you so much for your blog.

    ReplyDelete