Wednesday, 22 June 2016

tribute from an ex-spouse

Whatever we think about Caitlyn Jenner, she has had to go through the difficult pain of living with gender dysphoria before finally acting on it at the age of 64.

Linda Thompson married Bruce Jenner in 1981 and found out only some years later that this was crippling him. The marriage ended but Linda writes very genuinely and kindly of the good times they spent together and of the wonderful children that they brought into the world.

I find this short testament she wrote to be both moving and honest and really brings home what many of us experience. My own battle with gender dysphoria helped seal the end my own marriage but at the same time I look back and realize that things sometimes happen for a reason.

If you haven’t read Linda’s tribute to Caitlyn you might want to.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/linda-thompson/bruce-jenner-linda-thompson_b_7080918.html


2 comments:

  1. I had read that article when it first came out and it was worth seeing again. Bruce had been a hero and has led an interesting life. I find that the love he has shown and that has been shown to Bruce and now Caitlyn to be inspiring. As always I wish the best for them all.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. True that this goes back a bit Pat but I found the perspective of the non trans spouse to be fascinating if nothing else because it wasn't bitterness and regret but thankfulness and graciousness for the time spent together.

    ReplyDelete