Tuesday, 12 July 2016

learning who you really are

Every time I arrived at a new plateau of comfort I thought it could get no better. But then it would become even more so 6 months later and then call that my best echelon. Turns out it takes some of us a long time to undo your programming and discover what it's really like to be you.

The process of eliminating all traces of guilt and shame over being transgender, which I feel goes hand in hand with erasing all traces of self-consciousness, is a laborious process; at least it was for me. It amounted in many ways to a reinvention of my personhood in which the effort required was directly proportional to the number of years I had spent lying to myself.

Well here is Hannah knowing who she is at the ripe old age of 30 which is a wonderful thing to behold.


No comments:

Post a Comment