Tuesday, 16 August 2016

dispelling a myth

There was a myth going around for years that gynephilics were too masculine and were not able to pass as women which was then used to bolster the argument that they were actually perverted men.

I only need to look at my own life to counter this fabrication.

Throughout my teens in the 1970's I had longish hair and I mis-gendered many times. Even now at 53 years of age I can still pass relatively well without the aid of hormones or FFS. When I was in my twenties the presentation was only that much better.

In fact it is this ability to blend in as a female that greatly dampens any impetus I might have towards transition. I am able to be feminine in both voice and mannerisms without much difficulty and yet I have always been attracted exclusively to women.

This myth that gynephilics cannot be feminine was propagated by some older androphilics who were very concerned about distancing themselves from the dreaded transvestites and is still used by some today to try and sell the now debunked AGP as a valid theory.

As we see more transgender people coming out we note that their different physical and behavioural characteristics are more varied than this generalized caricature would suggest. Some are more naturally feminine than others but then so are genetic females when you compare them to one another.

It turns out that gender dysphoria does not discriminate based on orientation or physical appearance. One simply has it or one doesn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment