Saturday, 13 August 2016

liberation

There is tremendous power in having little concern for what the world thinks of you when out presenting as a different gender. It's something I only imagined acquiring but was never certain I would. I chalk this up to a combination of the experience that comes with age plus the weariness and fatigue from years of living in hiding.

I am the most lucid I have ever been in my life and that is giving me an emotional strength and resilience I didn't possess even 5 years ago when I was mired in conflict. That coupled with our increased visibility in the world makes for a combination of epic proportions for me. I hope you can sense it in my tone these days and those who have followed me for a while will certainly tell the difference from when I began writing this blog. Even the last year has been one of significant resolution for me.

Who knows or doesn't know is no longer of great consequence and should I cross paths with someone I am not out I will deal with it then. No one should have to hide from the world who they truly are.

We may not eliminate the negativity over this issue out there in the world but we can control our own thoughts and how we view ourselves and that in itself is power.

As a side note my post on Julia Serano and AGP has received 485 views as I write this. Thanks to whoever posted it elsewhere because I really think it's important to help disseminate information and dismantle the pseudoscience.

No comments:

Post a Comment