Friday, 26 August 2016

looking ahead

God willing I am going to have even more flexibility to manage my dysphoria as I age.

My present goal is to do some form of partial or full retirenent from my current profession by age 60. This does not mean I will stop working only that I may branch out as a consultant and maybe also take another simple job doing something else. This latter job or both might even be done as Joanna who knows. This is not a definitive goal but just where my reflection is currently taking me at the moment. Ask me in 6 months if this is still the case.

I don't need or want any more amorous relationships and have decided they are far too difficult even without the added burden of being transgender. Therefore I am going to just concern myself with being content because I have lived long enough to know that either scenario has its positives and negatives. Besides I am a loner by nature and although I very much enjoy the company of people I don't need them around me all the time.

By the time I am 60 my kids will be 24 and 22 and anything I do with my life will have less direct impact on their lives but the fact that I don't physically transition will give me flexibility of presentation.

No this is not a perfect plan of course nor is it set in stone but it does allow for options and does not lock me into anything that cannot be reversed.


No comments:

Post a Comment