Monday, 5 September 2016

Just what the doctor ordered

This is a reset period for my life no question. It is a time to focus more on my self after years of putting others as priority.

I have spent the last few months really analyzing my modus operandi. I do things for others even if it goes against my grain until the pressure valve goes off in a rush of temper which dissipates as quickly as it came.

I need to change this pattern.

Last week I learned an ex-colleague was diagnosed with terminal cancer; he is in his early sixties. It reminds me once again how fragile and short our lives are and we have no way of knowing when our time is up.

My kids are almost grown and I am on my own and while this may not be a dream scenario it is mine and I am going to own it.

Oh yes and living part time has been just what the doctor ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment