Sunday, 9 October 2016

frame of reference

It took me the longest time to realize that I was free to define myself.

Society wants a label. They want something like deviant, transsexual, transvestite, gender queer, androgyne, gender non-conforming, gender-bender or perhaps crossdresser. But the more comfortable and happy I have become, the less label conscious that I am.

People like boxes because they fear what they can't define or relate to. Because we are intrinsically limited as human beings they buy into fixed narratives but I decided to get off that merry-go-round a while back.

Spend some time reflecting on all of this and then proceed to begin to define yourself.

Don't do it on their terms because that's what they want and expect but instead use your own frame of reference. Think of it this way: reality isn't what mankind has created but is instead beyond the limitations of human frailty. Once you realize that you can truly move forward to fashion your own narrative and define what it means to be you.

To do otherwise is a race to the bottom and asking to be defined by those who have the lowest opinion of us. But I will let you in on a little secret: they don't know any better than you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment