Monday, 24 October 2016

my 1000th post

This blog is now 4 years and 1000 posts old.

I never originally planned to go this long and beginning it in 2012 was part plea for help and part exploration into a complex subject I didn't really understand and still fully don't. I was depressed and frustrated and it showed as this first entry excerpt will attest to:

“Life will get better again. I know that from experience but I hate feel stuck in the middle like this. I am a man but I am not normal. I am a man who dresses up as a woman and I feel its advancing. Some days I wish it would just go away and let me be. But I know it won't”

I don’t go back to my old entries, but I know there is a huge difference between the person that wrote that post and the one writing this one.

The exploration into my psyche as well as into the published research did the trick for me and I hope to be able to help others in any way I can. I am not so arrogant to think that this blog is in any way a substitute for your own heavy lifting, but I would happy to know that I was able to make some small contribution to your reflection process.

Along the way I have made new friends and learnt so much about their own struggles with gender dysphoria. All I can say is that there is definitely strength in numbers.

This blog would never have existed were it not for my insatiable appetite for understanding myself and why I was made different. What I have learnt along the way is that we are born this way and don't choose this particular path. With that knowledge in hand you can then proceed to make the best of a situation that few people understand and turn it around so that it becomes more advantageous to you.


8 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Joanna. I think I have read all 1000 posts! May you write 1000 more.

    Stana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Stana. I have been reading yours from the outset..

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!!!! (And keep'em coming....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jack I don't know what I would have done had I not found Crossdreamers!

      Delete
  3. Fantastic accomplishment. You're a model for many in our shoes. You've helped me tremendously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding. 250 posts a year is some accomplishment...especially in light of your period of hiatus.
    I enjoy your writing and while I agree with much of what you write it is nice to be able to civilly disagree where our thoughts part company.
    Keep up the good work
    Pax
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Pat I can always count on your civility...

      Delete