Monday, 17 October 2016

taking your time

What has helped me far more than anything else is to feel comfortable with my current situation exactly as it is now. I don't feel any self consciousness when out and about and that has cleared my mind to reflect on what I really want and need.
The lack of desperation facilitates the thought process like nothing else.

My transition is in a sense already underway and perhaps even complete because my journey was all about self acceptance and nothing else. How I refine that identity going forward is up to me. Might that include a full-time social transition in the future?

I have not closed the door to the idea.

The next few years will help me eliminate any vestiges of doubt I might have about what to do next. But truth be told, even if things remained exactly as they are I would not be unhappy.

Those of you currently in difficult familial situations might want to wait before trying to take concrete steps until other distractions are dealt with. Because that stress does not help the thought process deal the seriousness of this issue. Believe me when I say that I speak from experience here.

My reflection these days is more about what I want than about what I must do and I would like the rest of my life to be a little less about responsibility; I think I've earned it. However, my priority right now is to help get my son through the turbulent teen years.


No comments:

Post a Comment