Sunday, 20 November 2016

creating your own treatment plan

Erica Elizabeth Ravenwood does a magnificent job of explaining the types of gender dysphoria. She describes so well the false persona syndrome that most of us go through until we come to self acceptance. Also the errors that we can make in downplaying our dysphoria by for example thinking "I am only a crossdresser".

I have applied much of what she says to my own life over time although this is the first time I found this video.

Well worth a view in my opinion....

3 comments:

  1. I started listening to this video but eventually abandoned it. Perhaps someday when I have more time (and patience!) I will try to get through all 21+ minutes of it. IMO the presentation becomes seriously flawed when the presenter speaks about clearly becoming aware of her gender identity at age three. This is the stuff of nonsense. Childhood memories are notoriously inaccurate. Most of what we think we remember is second-hand or third-hand information passed down to us at a much later date. For me the bottom line is if a speaker wants to be taken seriously they need to be seriously careful about their facts. To base life-altering decision(s) on early childhood memories is like building a house on quicksand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't disagree that its not perfect Kati. Also we need to be careful about childhood memories although I knew pretty early that something was amiss. What I took from it is the varying intensity of dysphoria and how to tackle where you are...

      Delete
    2. Hmm... I don't disbelieve someone when they say they know this at age three. My earliest memories (age 4-5) were of feeling inaccurately assigned -- and older people who knew me then say I was expressing that before I can remember. How 'bout you, Joanna? When did you know?

      Delete