Friday, 18 November 2016

it's never perfect...

Life is a constant series of compromises and adjustments and it’s never perfect. We think we know what we want but we often don’t and many of us try to make a life for ourselves that is a reflection of our mind’s eye.

I think the secret to life might be to live with imperfection and accept our limitations as human beings.

I have made some mistakes in my life and continue to make them but I am striving more and more to forgive myself for my frailties and even find comfort that in them I have learnt something. I need to let go and just continue pushing forward without struggling too much because life will sometimes just take you places you didn’t think you would end up in.

I thought my life would take a different direction and I have ended up surprising myself.

Very little of where I am today was deliberately planned but perhaps a result of a series of adjustments; much the way a sailor might adjust to the prevailing wind. Eventually he gets to his destination but with a series of maneuvers that were not all precisely calculated.

As we age we learn that we have far less control than we ever imagined.




No comments:

Post a Comment