Friday, 25 November 2016

"Oh please its 2016!"

I have mentioned before that I have a lovely young couple living above the unit next to mine. Well the other day as I was getting in the door, she and I overlapped for the first time with me dressed as a woman.

We had a nice conversation and at some point I mentioned the obvious which was that I had told her future husband that they might see me in a different guise from time to time so they wouldn't wonder about who the strange woman was. She just looked at me almost rolling her eyes while smiling from ear to ear and said:

"Oh Please it's 2016!"

For the record she was also very complementary regarding my choice of attire.

I could care less at this point in my life what people think but it is still lovely to see the millennial generation's freedom of spirit and acceptance so lacking in previous generations. Yes they have their own foibles, as does every generation, but this area certainly isn't one of them.

5 comments:

  1. That is why it is such a tragedy that septuagenarians have decided to take over deciding the future once more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you Coline. The other day I was speaking to a gentleman from Portland Maine who told me he was deeply embarrassed about the election and was thinking about settling here in montreal...

      Delete
  2. That is lovely. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this accords with my experience as well. In the past decade as I've become more open about myself, I've been pleasantly surprised at the welcoming attitude of many young people. They accept me with greater ease than people my own age. That's nice and gives me hope for the future.

    ReplyDelete