Saturday, 28 January 2017

Sherry

My friend Sherry and I finally found each other and chatted online the other day.

When I was in the most tormented throes and my marriage was about to disintegrate I was able to converse with her and have someone just listen to my anguish.

Sherry tells me she has a good life and it is linked to her decision to transition in her 20’s. She is a lovely and supportive person and although we have never met face to face (and perhaps never will) she is someone that I will stay in contact with because she is brimming with unbridled support for me.

We all need to have cheerleaders in this life even if they are on the other side of a chat line and they don’t necessarily share the exact same transgender experience.

Finding her 8 or 9 years ago online was happenstance but her ebullience was evident from the start. She never doubted for a moment what she needed to do to be herself because, as she told me back then, she didn’t make a very good boy.

She does however make for a very fine lady.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that we all need cheerleaders and supporters and I'm delighted to hear that you and Sherry reconnected. I've been so fortunate to find you and others with whom I'm able to communicate with. Whether we ever meet in person or not, we have in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad we found each other too Emma.

      Delete