Wednesday, 1 February 2017

come on in the water is fine

I sometimes see the same people downtown in both modes of presentation and am usually not recognized but this time the young woman working behind the coffee counter looked at me and said “oh hi!”

She had switched to a new location I frequent over work hours and there she was smiling at me like a Cheshire cat.

I knew that she had recognized me as she has seen me far more often as Joanna. I was amused by this and we chatted briefly.

She told me I was very convincing as a woman and she wouldn’t have made the connection had she not seen me as a male. She also added that her best friend since childhood had recently transitioned from male to female. This young woman is not older than 25 years old.

I am way past caring either way but it wasn't all that long ago that I would have been horrified at being recognized. She was matter of fact about the whole thing (as are most millennials) and thought it was all very cool.

If you are not already out there you should because the water is fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment