Friday, 17 February 2017

understanding the erotic component

I have written about crossed wires before in two separate posts. The idea is that one cannot pass through puberty and the development of sexual feelings for females and not have your pre-existing gender dysphoria be impacted through your psychosexual development. The hormone responsible for your libido is testosterone which is present in much stronger concentration in males and is why gynephilics are most likely to experience erotic overtones as the conflict between romantic external feelings and their pull towards the feminine become permanently intertwined.

Because I came from a deeply religious family where sex was not discussed much at all, I grew up with little access to information and was very much ignorant of matters relating to the subject. With no firsthand experience in intercourse until I married I was then faced with the reality that my ability to perform sexually had been deeply impacted by my dysphoric feelings. This began years of turmoil and self-deprecating thoughts where I was certain to be some sort of deviant.

What would have helped me and, many others who grew up during the dark ages, was a more frank and open environment that would have allowed us to understand what we were facing. I now understand the mechanisms at play but it took many years of suffering before I arrived there.

Having reflected on this issue at great length, I am now hard pressed to understand how one could possibly avoid the fusion of dysphoria and burgeoning sexuality since your transgender nature forms part of the comprehensive package you came wrapped in as you entered puberty. Hence it will be the strength of your dysphoria that will ultimately dictate how you will proceed and not whether you experience erotic feelings to the idea of feminization.

One of the litmus tests we know quite well is the administering of HRT which when given to conventional males has them become despondent. When given to transgender people however and, despite the quashing of the sexual libido, it helps bring them peace. This is just one of the ways we know its not all about sex.

"But wait a minute" you tell me "if Harry Benjamin saw so many more patients than Ray Blanchard why didn't both come to the same conclusion?"

Well the answer lies in the following quote I featured recently from Benjamin: "Transsexualism is both a sex and gender problem". For Blanchard, who built upon the wacky work of mentor Kurt Freund in measuring penile stimulation in pedophiles and homosexuals, it suddenly became exclusively a sexual problem.

It turns out that neither Benjamin or Blanchard could conclusively prove their case, but what made Benjamin head and shoulders superior is that he refrained from the pretense of a solution via dodgy science.

7 comments:

  1. This subject has concerned and confused me for decades. My consideration of it mirrors some of your observations. I concur with your sage suggestion that everyone would benefit from better, earlier, deeper education about sexual activity, sexuality and gender-identity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyone who grew up in the 50's, 60' and 70's would have been deeply confused and with a dearth of reliable information it was enough to dismay us...

      Delete
  2. I like the responses so I won't delete the original comment. Thanks Emma and Whatever, yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be specific I am a transgender person with no plans to transition. I understand both of you have and by the way AQV just stick to using one alias rather than trying to play good cop bad cop with yourself. I am smart enough to know its you LOL.

    Whatever, Yeah thanks so much for your lovely support and comments. You are always welcome here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Correction: I don't enjoy dressing and expressing female its part of who I am and always have been. I have just learnt to accept that it forms part of my gender core...

    ReplyDelete
  5. same old song and dance...I should learn LOL...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have to feed him, if you prefer. MY aim is to entertain by toying with him a bit. :P

      Delete